Pregnancy is a period in which many changes occur in a woman’s body. Changes in the body during pregnancy and later periods can cause some deformations. Even if the extra weight gained during pregnancy is lost in the next period, it may have caused some deformations in the body and these may not improve after weight loss. Maternity aesthetics are the aesthetics that occur in the body after pregnancy and are made to eliminate the situations where the person is aesthetically uncomfortable. Changes such as sagging of the abdomen and legs due to childbirth, sagging breasts, and vaginal deformations are a condition that is seen in many women and is uncomfortable for women. It is possible to transform these changes in the body due to pregnancy to their pre-pregnancy shape by making aesthetic interventions.
How we decide the regions to be made aesthetic?
Although the areas to be aestheticized in maternity aesthetics are different for each patient, the decision is made together with the patient as a result of the detailed examination. Since the deformations that occur in the body of each patient after pregnancy may be different, appropriate surgeries are preferred for the areas where the patient is aesthetically uncomfortable.
- Breast Aesthetics (Breast Lifting and Augmentation): Breasts that grow to produce milk during pregnancy and breastfeeding may shrink and sag after breastfeeding. With breast aesthetics, a silicone prosthesis is placed in the breast and the skin and soft tissues are removed to make the breasts more upright and larger.
- Abdominoplasty: Abdominoplasty is performed during pregnancy to remove loosened skin and excess skin and tighten the muscles by stretching. With tummy tuck surgery, excess fat and skin in the abdomen are removed, making the abdomen appear flatter and tighter. Since the incision is made on the bikini line in the surgery, the incision scar is not visible and does not disturb the patient.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is applied to remove excess fat formed in some parts of the body due to the weight gained during pregnancy. Liposuction can be applied to areas with excess fat such as abdomen, hips, arms and back. In liposuction, a thinner and tighter appearance is obtained by removing excess fat with tubes and cannulas.
- Labiaplasty: Labiaplasty is an operation performed to restore the loosened inner labia of the vagina after childbirth. The inner lips of the vagina, which are loosened and lengthened due to childbirth, are reduced and returned to their former appearance.
Can Every Mother Have Aesthetics? How Are the Applications?
For maternity aesthetics, at least 6 months must have passed after birth and the baby must have stopped breastfeeding. It is recommended to wait 6 months after birth for the body to collect itself and heal. Maternity aesthetics is more suitable for people who do not plan to have a pregnancy process again, but it can also be applied to people who are considering pregnancy again. However, with the pregnancy process again, deformations and sagging of the breasts can be seen as the skin and abdominal muscles are stretched again. Another important criterion for the application of maternity aesthetics is that the patient should not have a disease that would prevent surgery.
What are the Precautions to Take Before and After Maternity Aesthetics?
- If the patient smokes before maternity aesthetics, he should quit at least 3 weeks before and should not use it after the surgery as it will negatively affect the healing process.
- It is normal to experience swelling and pain for 1-2 weeks after maternity aesthetics, painkillers recommended by the doctor can be taken.
- Heavy lifting should not be done for 6 months after maternity aesthetics.
- After maternity aesthetic surgery, a more aesthetic appearance can be achieved by applying a healthy diet and light exercises.